With SQL Server 2005 release of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), developers will need to throw existing knowledge out of the window and be prepared to start a new. This is because the SSIS environment has progressed from existing as a side-note feature of SQL Server to becoming a new enterprise-strength Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tool.
The ability to design and develop efficient and manageable ETL processes with SSIS can lead to tremendous savings in time and effort.
This Four-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully design, develop and deploy ETL solutions using SSIS.
Note: This course is not intended to teach students how to design data warehouses. Rather, it focuses on
the population and maintenance of data warehouse structures with SSIS.
What you will learn
- Ways to quickly move and transform data
- How to configure every aspect of SSIS
- How to interface SSIS with web services and XML
- Techniques to scale the SSIS and make it more reliable
- How to migrate DTS packages to SSIS
- How to create your own custom Tasks and user interfaces
- How to create an application that interfaces with SSIS to manage the environment
- A detailed usable case study for a complete ETL Solution
- This course is intended for developers, DBA’s and users who hope to use SSIS for transforming data, creating workflow, or maintaining their SQL Server
- Be familiar with SQL Query
- Have rudimentary programming skills
- Dimensional modeling understanding
- Data warehouse fundamentals
- Have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and platform
Onsite Training Class