Knowledge is power! As its name suggests, the promise of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 is to promote better data analytics by giving information workers the right tool to analyze consistent, timely, and reliable data.
This four day instructor led course shows database administrators and developers how to build complete OLAP solutions with Microsoft Analysis Services 2005 and Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform. Database administrators will learn how to design and manage sophisticated OLAP cubes that provide rich data analytics. In addition, this course gives developers the necessary background to extend UDM with custom programming logic, in the form of MDX expressions, scripts and .NET code.
This course also helps prepare you for certification exam 70-445.
What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and the new features in the SSAS architecture
- Design and deploy a Unified Dimensional Model
- Upgrade to and configure SSAS 2005
- Understand the new MDX and programming features in SSAS 2005
- Understand data mining concepts and the tools used to develop data mining models
- This course is intended for architects, database developers, database administrators, and business intelligence developers, who are experienced in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Be familiar with SQL Query and MS SQL Server database
- Have rudimentary programming skills
- Dimensional modeling understanding would be a plus
- Data warehouse fundamentals would be a plus
- Have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and platform
Onsite Training Class